On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Toke Eskildsen <t...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
wrote:
> How many documents does your index have, how many fields do you facet on
> and approximately how many unique values does your facet fields have?

8971763 documents, growing at a rate of about 500 per minute. We
actually expect that to be ~50000 per minute once we get out of
testing. Most documents are less than a KiB in the 'text' field, and
they have a few other fields which store short strings, dates, or
ints. You can think of these documents like tweets: short general
purpose text messages.

>> I notice that this only occurs on queries that run facets. I start
>> Solr with the following command:
>> sudo nohup java -XX:NewRatio=1 -XX:+UseParNewGC
>> -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled
>> -Dsolr.solr.home=/mnt/SolrFiles100/solr -jar
>> /opt/solr-4.1.0/example/start.jar &
>
> You are not specifying any maximum heap size (-Xmx), which you should do
> in order to avoid unpleasant surprises. Facets and sorting are often
> memory hungry, but your system seems to have 13GB free RAM so the easy
> solution attempt would be to increase the heap until Solr serves the
> facets without OOM.

Thanks, I will start with "-Xmx8g" and test.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com