I need to know when a document is committed in SOLR - i.e. is searchable.

Is there anyone who has a solution on how to do this.

I'm aware of three methods to create "hooks" for knowing when a doc is added or
a commit is performed, but the doc(id) does not seem to be included for the
commit-hooks (naturally I guess):

A. subclass DirectUpdateHandler2 and override commit and/or addDoc
B. subclass UpdateRequestProcessor (and include it in the update-chain) and
override processAdd and/or processCommit
C. implement SolrEventListener and implement postCommit and/or postSoftCommit

The use-case is to let other parts of a system know that a document is
searchable without having to create a poller which has to have state on
when/how it polls.

Any ideas or tricks out there?

Fredrik

--
Fredrik Rødland               Mail:    fredrik.rodl...@finn.no
FINN.no                       Cell:    +47 99 21 98 17