Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:18 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: hook to know when a DOC is committed.

On 23. mai 2013, at 14:05, Jack Krupansky <j...@basetechnology.com> wrote:

Hi Jack,

thanks for your answer.

A poller really is the most sensible, practical, and easiest route to go. If you add the "versions=true" parameter to your update request and have the transaction log enabled the update response will have the version numbers for each document id, then the poller can also tell if an update has been committed as well.

The poller will still have to retry before advertising a doc as searchable - won't it?

Do you have some other, unmentioned requirement that you feel is biasing you against a sensible poller? Clue us in as to the nature of such a requirement.

My plan was to link sold with our already established high-volume messaging-system. So each time a document is searchable a message would be broadcasted on a given channel.

Our system consist of approx 10 indexes and 8 replications of each of these, so keeping track of all these by pollers would require a whole bunch of logic. Having a pushed-based system would facilitate knowing where & when a document is searchable quite a lot.

regards,

Fredrik

--
Fredrik Rødland               Mail:    fredrik.rodl...@finn.no
FINN.no                       Cell:    +47 99 21 98 17