On 23. mai 2013, at 14:05, Jack Krupansky <j...@basetechnology.com> wrote:

Hi Jack,

thanks for your answer.

> A poller really is the most sensible, practical, and easiest route to go. If
> you add the "versions=true" parameter to your update request and have the
> transaction log enabled the update response will have the version numbers for
> each document id, then the poller can also tell if an update has been
> committed as well.

The poller will still have to retry before advertising a doc as searchable -
won't it?

> Do you have some other, unmentioned requirement that you feel is biasing you
> against a sensible poller? Clue us in as to the nature of such a requirement.

My plan was to link sold with our already established high-volume
messaging-system.  So each time a document is searchable a message would be
broadcasted on a given channel.

Our system consist of approx 10 indexes and 8 replications of each of these, so
keeping track of all these by pollers would require a whole bunch of logic.
Having a pushed-based system would facilitate knowing where & when a document
is searchable quite a lot.

regards,

Fredrik

--
Fredrik Rødland               Mail:    fredrik.rodl...@finn.no
FINN.no                       Cell:    +47 99 21 98 17