Check out Gilt's presentation. It might give you some ideas, including
possibly on refactoring your entities around 'availability' as a
document:
http://www.lucenerevolution.org/sites/default/files/Personalized%20Search%20on%20the%20Largest%20Flash%20Sale%20Site%20in%20America.pdf

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)