Thank you for your answer.

Do you mean I should index the availability data as a document in Solr?
Because the availability data in our databases is around 6,509,972 records
and contains the availability per number of seats and per 15 minutes. I also
tried this method, and as far as I know it's only possible to join the
availability documents and not to include that information per result
document.

An example API response (created from the Solr response):
{
        "restaurants": [
                {
                        "id": "13906",
                        "name": "Allerlei",
                        "zipcode": "6511DP",
                        "house_number": "59",
                        "available": true
                },
                {
                        "id": "13907",
                        "name": "Voorbeeld",
                        "zipcode": "6512DP",
                        "house_number": "39",
                        "available": false
                }
        ],
        "resultCount": 12156,
        "resultCountAvailable": 55,
}

I'm currently hacking around the problem by executing the search again with
a very high value for the rows parameter and counting the number of
available restaurants on the backend, but this causes a big performance
impact (as expected).