That sounds like a satisfactory solution for the time being -
I am assuming you dump the data from Solr in a csv format?
How did you implement the streaming processor ? (what tool did you use for
this? Not familiar with that)
You say it takes a few minutes only to dump the data - how long does it to
stream it back in, are performances acceptable (~ within minutes) ?

Thanks,
Matt