On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Matt Lieber <mlie...@impetus.com> wrote:

> That sounds like a satisfactory solution for the time being -
> I am assuming you dump the data from Solr in a csv format?

JSON

> How did you implement the streaming processor ? (what tool did you use for
> this? Not familiar with that)

this is what dumps the docs:
https://github.com/romanchyla/montysolr/blob/master/contrib/adsabs/src/java/org/apache/solr/response/JSONDumper.java

it is called by one of our batch processors, which can pass it a bitset of
recs
https://github.com/romanchyla/montysolr/blob/master/contrib/adsabs/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/batch/BatchProviderDumpIndex.java

as far as streaming is concerned, we were all very nicely surprised, a few
GB file (on local network) took ridiculously short time - in fact, a
colleague of mine was assuming it is not working, until we looked into the
downloaded file ;-), you may want to look at line 463
https://github.com/romanchyla/montysolr/blob/master/contrib/adsabs/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/batch/BatchHandler.java

roman