We have a 2 shard SOLRCloud implementation with 6 servers in production.  We
have allocated 24GB to each server and are using JVM max memory settings of
-Xmx14336 on each of the servers.  We are using the same embedded jetty that
SOLR comes with.  The JVM side of things looks like what I'd expect from
java, climbs until ~13GB and then GC occurs and we are back down to ~4GB
used.

However, on the original leaders of the cluster we currently are seeing
~22GB resident memory usage for Jetty/SOLR and the machines have begun using
swap, which is something I am concerned with. So the question is should I
expect jetty/SOLR to cleanup after itself in terms of memory usage (outside
of the JVM)? Is there something I'm missing to make things more efficient?
Anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks