On 8/27/2013 4:48 PM, vsilgalis wrote:
dash:
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4086902/solr_dash1.png>

JVM section:
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4086902/solr_dash2.png>

ps output:
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4086902/solr_ps_out.png>

Erick that may be one of the ways I approach this, I just want to make sure
my setup is ideal and I didn't miss anything.  As of right now performance
doesn't seem to be affected *knocks on wood*, but I need peace of mind that
I won't have to babysit these boxes over the comings months and as load may
continue to grow that I won't run into issues in the future.

Your server is behaving very strangely. Java is reporting more memory in use than it should, but the shared memory value isn't large like it is in my case. Even if the 22GB figure is completely accurate and not misleading like my number is, it should still leave 2GB of memory free, but clearly something on the machine is wanting more memory.

I've got something kinda weird to check that I have only just recently learned about. What do you get from the following command?

cat /proc/meminfo | grep -i huge

Thanks,
Shawn