On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 03:18:25PM -0400, Jeff Ortel wrote:

>> You cannot aggregate upgrade scripts because other products (like
>> Satellite) might want to address individual upgrade scripts (via
>> symlinks, or, work-in-progress, via references). There is a reason we
>> kept the upgrade scripts separated.
>
> Can't this be handled at build time?

No. You don't know what content is in the latest spacewalk-schema
package when you build satellite-schema package, and vice versa.

>> As a matter of fact, I think that if would be good to have the main
>> schema definition (universe.satellite.sql, or main.sql) split into
>> individual source files as well -- basically just pack the source
>> files and concatenate them at install time.
>
> What is known at install time that is not known at build time?

Files brought in by other packages and files needed by other
packages, from other projects (Satellite, namely).

--
Jan Pazdziora | adelton at #satellite*, #brno
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat