On 03/27/2012 10:27 AM, Johannes Renner wrote:
The feature involves a new action type to be put in table rhnActionType, which
we chose to give the ID 500 for now (just to make sure there will be no clash in
the near future). Would you maybe want to provide us with an ID for this action
that we can safely use throughout the future or what is the preferred procedure
here?

We are not going to assign ID for action which is not in our master.

If you ever decide to contribute your work to Spacewalk project, you can take advantage to have it in upstream and no one will override that id. If you decide - for whatever reason - to keep it private, you will have to live with the fear and uncertainty that one day we will use that id for something else.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering