Hi Scott

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:30:13 -0500, Chris Santerre
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I received a report of an FP in bigevil. The domain was
> > playaudiomessage.com. A quick google shows tons of hits in
> > news.admin.net-abuse.sightings. It had been my hope the bigevil
> > would be ZERO fp. However I'm not going to let the fact that a
> > domain may be used 90% by spammers and 10% by legit sway me now.
>
> I think this is a mistake. Before, BigEvil had the high road, not a
> single domain in it had *ever* been reported as used in ham,
> warranting a high score. With this change, thats no longer true. We
> now depend on *your* judgement on how 'unclean' a domain is. And your
> judgement may not be the same as mine. It may be that 98% of the time
> I see playaudiomessage.com, it is legit and 2% spam, but your corpus
> shows the reverse. Should the domain belong in bigevil in that case?
>
> I'm not saying that the domain should be forgotten, but that iit
> should at least be in a different list.

I use rules in my local.cf that are the same as bigevil.  My "Blammo"
rules wax a spam with 20 points.  I realize 7 would do it, but I get
sick pleasure out of giving them 20.  Then I saw that Chris is doing
basically the same thing.  (only in manic hyperdrive).  So I got lazy
and now just download his work and use that.  I yank out the ones that I
don’t agree with.  (few)  This file he maintains takes an awful lot of
time, I know.  I would just suggest that anyone who uses it, take the
time to look through the thing and remove the domains that they consider
not spam, in between, or whatever...  If I sound harsh, I don’t intend
to be.  I just think maybe people don’t realize how much of Chris' time
that file takes up as it is.

How-ev-uh....  your suggestion is good!  So maybe someone could take
chris' file, take it a step further (after each update) and split it
into two files.  (but even that would be someones opinion...what is ham
to me may be spam to you.  Who knows, I might have a thing for
kangaroos)  Then people could have a choice.

Jennifer (will soon get my heart back into this war)