"anonymous poster at 62.253.128.4" wrote:

> Spammers are not totally stupid....
>
> They remove ALL .gov addresses before emailing!
>
> This means that congress, etc do not know the real levels.
>
> Tell your congressman that either they should support anti-spam measure or should 
>get a hotmail or aol address.
>
> How would they like to deal with a stackload of relentess crap everyday for the rest 
>of their lives.
>
> Oh, I forgot! They don't care about spam because they treat spam just like all the 
>other genuiune mail they get from their votors - they just delete it!

I think most in Congress are fully aware of the spam problem.

Since using government equipment for personal use is frowned upon (and IIRC illegal) I 
figure that most members of Congress probably have personal email
addy's outside the .gov domain.    Possibly web based accounts for a degree of 
anonymity.

Besides, I'm sure lots of them don't want any emails from their girlfriend 
(boyfriend???), etc. ever being found on a government computer.  Could end up a
*scandal* in a hurry.

However, people SHOULD express their views about spam to them.  They won't act if they 
think people don't care.

regards,
hobo




_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to