<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I too believed that I wouldn't get spam with my .gov account and
unfortunately, I regularly get spam from all over. (as a note - I don't
"post my .gov
> address anywhere)
interesting to hear... i'm sure some spammers filter the addresses, but
equally many obviously don't... i get more spam at my .com addresses than my
.org.uk address... and addresses at hotmail and mail.com get a huge amount
of spam compared to other domains...
> After getting a few of these I contacted or tech services group. Our tech
group stated that they "don't have the time to deal with spam"
> and told me that "Lotus Notes can't filter email".... yeah sure it can't.
Nice huh?
um... afaik, that's actually correct... except the limited stuff in the
front end, lotus notes doesn't have any filtering features... as i
understand it, until the latest version of lotus notes, it wasn't even
possible to stop spammers relaying through the servers to third parties, let
alone in to local users...
michael
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help