> [SC-Help] Spammer spoofs e-mailadresses, I get hundreds of failure delivery
> reports
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Some spammers use my domain name and put random characters before the @-sign. T
>hen they send their spam. They use a from-adress with my domain and the random
>characters before the @-sign and the to-adress is also formed this way. I suspe
>ct they use CC or BCC for the adresses they want to spam.
>My mailserver has not been abused to send this spam, always another server is u
>sed. Now I get hundreds of failure delivery reports from mail admins and mailer
> daemons that the spammed adresses do no longer exist. And I get messages of pe
>ople that complain. I get all these messages for mailboxes at my mailserver tha
>t are not existent, my mailserver sends failure delivery reports to respond to
>this.
If I owned a domain (which I don't) and it was being misused in this manner,
I would do two things: Contact a lawyer about the possibility of suing the
spammer for damages caused by his misuse of my domain, and contact local
authorities about the possibility of bringing criminal charges of fraud or
forgery against the spammer for falsely using your domain name.
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help