On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:07:50 -0400, Thodin wrote
(in message <9c5834$1km$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>):

> I know of methods, but this post is a question about a particular method.
> 
> If I have my name listed with a question mark after it, when you click on
> it, then it works fine, but I'm wondering will the ? prevent the spammer
> from gathering the name by an automated machine?
> 
> It would look like
> (A HREF mailto="[EMAIL PROTECTED]?")
> 
> The () would obviously be <>
> 
> Would that question mark at the end prevent spammer's robots from gathering
> my email address?
>

I seriously doubt it, given that lots of forms do 
mailto:user@xxx?Subject=yyy.  I do the following, but I don't know if the 
spammers have picked up on it yet or not:
        mailto:nazgul%40somewhere.com
That should work fine in virtually all browsers.

The other alternative I've seen is to use a two-phase system where the 
address is in two parts, but reassembled by the back-end CGI after a form 
submit (which presumably the robot won't follow).

_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to