<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9c78gu$sff$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9c78gu$sff$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Granted that MSIE and Netscape are the most popular browsers, but they're
> not universal--yet. For one thing, they require Windoze. Some people
don't
> have hardware big enough to support Windoze.
>
> If you clutter your web site with javascript, you are guaranteeing that
> users of Lynx, Arachne, etc., will never be able to see it.
>
Uh... That's not entirely correct. IE is available for the Mac. There are
versions of Netscape for Mac, Linux, and OS/2. (Not sure about OS/2 now, I
used to have Netscape for it though.) Opera also supports most Java it
seems. I have had trouble with it at a few sites though.
It also seems most HTML programmers aren't using ALT text either which can
present problems for text only browsers.
Actually, I can see Flash becoming more of a problem than Java. I am finding
some Flash only sites. ...or the non-Flash link is not very clear.
- Slade
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help