Apologies if this has been covered, I haven't been reading the NG's lately.
(Did a quick search and didn't turn anything up...)
This spam I have received twice, about a week apart. The first one I parsed
included blank checkboxes for the two e-mail addresses referenced in the
spam. One of them ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) was the target of a submit reply
form, so I checked the box and reported it to Excite abuse.
This morning I have the second copy of this spam. When parsed, both e-mail
addresses included in the spam are marked by SpamCop as "ISP believes this
issue is resolved x@x" and "ISP has already taken action against the
account:x@x sometime after no date available".
I used SamSpade for Windows (SMTP verify) to confirm [EMAIL PROTECTED]
is not available. To my surprise, SamSpade says the account is active.
(Others I have tested @excite come back with "invalid address".) So I'm
inclined to believe SamSpade... is there a reason I shouldn't?
There is no appeals checkbox or other mechanism on the parse form to appeal
or "undo" the block on the reporting of this e-mail account. I sent a
manual complaint to Excite abuse. But I wonder if the Spammer marked these
e-mail addys as resolved so (s)he could continue to operate?
Is a manual complaint my only option in this situation (assuming SamSpade is
correct, the account is open)? Why doesn't SpamCop allow for an appeal?
Any info is appreciated, and again, sorry if this is a repeat question.
--
Sue Morton
P.S. I was going to post the tracking URL as help, but I see that SpamCop's
tracking URL does not match the parse results I received when I did the
actual parse. The e-mail addys aren't even _mentioned_ in the tracking URL.
Not sure why that is, seems like the tracking URL is incomplete if it
doesn't show everything it found in the original parse and the status
thereof?
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help