In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

> We did I move 
>from the United States, where we are inocent until proven guilty. Why doesn't 
>this spam cop talk to me first? Or don't I have any right? I know this will 
>probably go unnoticed. I want to propose this question. I sent email from my 
>ffa 
>to over a thousand people. If I am spamming as he claims why haven't you got 
>more reports about me? Why could someone come and ask me first? But I guess I 
>do 
>not deserve any respect, how about being just plain decent.

Spamcop is not a 'he', it's an online service which anybody can use to
trace and report spam - basically a computer program. The recipient is
the person who decided that your mail was spam and chose to use the
Spamcop service to establish the source of the mail and to send a spam
report. He didn't make any kind of report or complaint *to* Spamcop - he
used Spamcop to process the mail.

If you're sending mail to a genuine confirmed opt-in list (confirmed
meaning that you've had a confirmation mail back from that address
saying that they did indeed add themselves to your list), it's helpful
to include information on where they signed up. A brief paragraph to say
"you are receiving this mail because you subscribed to the opt-in list
at xxxxx", and telling them how to unsubscribe will do, although make
sure you identify xxxxx in such a way that it will be recognised by the
recipients as a site they've visited because many spammers *claim*
people opted in when they didn't. 

It's easy to mistake legitimate commercial mail for spam unless the
sender has included information that helps the recipient establish that
it's legitimate. 

- ANDREA

-- 
^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    http://www.bloodaxe.com/
Bloodaxe's History Links:   http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5055/
The Loony Bin Archive:               http://loonies.net800.co.uk/
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to