<< Confirm how? I see that some of the marketing organizations define
"confirmed opt-in" as sending an opt-out notice to the email address. >>

When you put your address in they send you an e-mail and you have to
click on the link in the e-mail or you can't post your url. It only
lasts for a week and then you have to reconfirm it again if you want to
post more.

The users with free ffa pages have an autoresponder type thing and never
even see your e-mail address. Their paying customers are the ones that
cause problems. They get the addresses of people that post on their
pages. They'll send you stuff months later and subscribe you to mailing
lists, even though they aren't supposed to send to addresses that are
over 14 days old. I think they sell addresses too. In the e-mail account
I used for that ffa site I get a lot of e-mail where the disclaimer says
they bought a list with my address on it.
 

_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to