On Wed, 2 May 2001 18:38:50 -0400, Roy Lewallen wrote
(in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>):

> you to the top of the search engines. 16133". Is this a serial number so
> the spammer can identify a complainer from the complaint? If so, I
> wonder how it's used? Might a spammer take you off his list if you're
> known to be a spam reporter? Or on the other hand maybe put you on the

I suspect it's just there to try and keep strict subject filters from 
working.  (Look ma, it's not spam, each one's personalized!)

As to removing you from a list--I'd say it's the other way around.  The more 
you complain, the more you get.  If not, why is everyone on this list so 
paranoid about showing their real email address?  :-/  Me, I figure my mail 
server doesn't manage to process more than about one message a second, so I 
know what my worst case spam flow looks like.  :-)

_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to