Argyle wrote:

> hobo wrote:
> > Text only emails can be easily c&p into the website and usually process
> > correctly but HTML emails are basically a two-step process in order for
> > them to parse correctly.  If you'd like me to I can detail the process I
> > use.
>
> Yes, please.  That would be helpful.
>
> - Don D'Minion -

First I copy the headers *only* and paste them into the reporting box.
Normally I remember to delete the 'Block and Add Address' text (links on
original page) after pasting the headers - but forgetting to do so doesn't
seem to affect the parsing process.

I then return to the spam message and click on 'Forward' with 'inline' option
selected (as if I was going to email the complaint).  I copy everything
between and including the first HTML tag to the end of the message and paste
that into the reporting box on the web site (making sure there is a blank line
between the headers and message body).  The spam then usually processes
normally & correctly.

For some reason Yahoo! does NOT put a quotation symbol ( > ) at the beginning
of the quoted material appearing after the first HTML tag -  but the character
is present on every quoted line before that tag (basically the ' > ' is only
in the headers and is a lot of work to remove manually).  See example below.

I then cancel the forward email at Yahoo! without sending it unless there is a
reason to send a complaint myself - example: spam from home.com or psi.net.

              ***** example ***
[last few lines of headers and first few lines of HTML when forwarded inline
option is selected]

> X-Listprocessor-Version: 8.1 beta --
> ListProcessor(tm) by CREN
> Content-Length: 17165
>

<HR>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd";>
<HTML>


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to