OK, thanks, it's as much as I assumed.  What about extracting the
acquistion time and date from the original thermo .raw files?  The
info is in there, but I'm nort sure how to get at it, especially in a
script that doesn't require running xcalibur-type report genmeration
in xcalibur (where the only option seems to involve generating
document reports during sequence reprocessing).

thnaks
Tony