Dear Vladimir:

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 7:58 PM Vladimir Sitnikov
<sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Philippe>And in the same way,  the -only and -or-later suffixes applied to
> some
> Philippe>ids have no meaning whatsoever of their own
>
> Even though currently "-or-later" is an opaque string, it looks like it might
> make sense to add "only this version" modifier to "spdx expressions".
> What do you think?
>
> How could it look like?
> EPL-1.0 ONLY
> EPL-1.0-only
>
> The second option is not that bad in my opinion.

I do not see the purpose of changing the expression syntax for
something which is at best rare and arcane beyond a few of the common
FSF licenses and this has been addressed alright.
As for your second option "EPL-1.0-only" that's a new license id
alright which is fine for the rare cases when and if you would want to
track these kind of options in a more sophisticated way than with a
"+". It does not require any changes to the spec as again, identifiers
have no meaning at all. They are just made so that they are easy to
read and remember for us poor humans... But we could just as well have
assigned 2342342sSDSFE423 as an id to the MIT license: that would be
silly but that's just to highlight my point. That's actually a good
thing that they have no meaning because that way they do not have to
be parsed: they were never designed for that, hence you cannot easily
infer a syntax to break them in parts: they have no parts, no part
separator, no prefix, no suffix and no version (even though it may
look like it).

--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne