>> "e" == esterling  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

e> OK, I'm not getting the ioctl problem any more, and I even get a
e> response to ifconfig ppp0 now, but I still can't connect to
e> anything in the great wide world outside my laptop. What I do have
e> is a /var/log/daemons/info log FULL of rcvd [LCP confRej id=0xd7
e> <auth chap MD5> <magic 0x2c9f8ec2>] sent [LCP ConfRej id=0xd7 <auth
e> chap MD5>]

e> only the id changes...

That looks like one end or the other (probably the remote end) doesn't
like the way pppd is configured (the confRej) - has the new distro
installation placed an options file in /etc/ppp, or overwritten one or
something?  DO a pppd dump (or wa-wa) to make pppd tell you what
options it is actually using on that connection. If there is anything
in there that you don't recognise or cannot account for, start
hunting...

HTH

Peter


-- 
Peter Riocreux, Amulet Group, Dept. Computer Science, Manchester University,
Oxford Road, MANCHESTER, M13 9PL, UK.      <http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/amulet/> 
Voice: +44 161-2753547      Mobile: +44 7970-611366     Fax: +44 161-2756236


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe

        

Reply via email to