----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Bradbury" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 8:50 PM
Subject: [speedtouch] Fw: RH 7.3 - New user
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi
>
> Only just joined this mailing list so I haven't ben able to see many
threads on this matter.
>
> Let me also prefix this by writing from a win98 machine so I can't easily
swap back to linux to check some of these details: but here goes...
>
> Ive installed Red Hat 7.3 which I believe has USB 2 (UHCI) support, PPP
and HDLC support, therefore I think I am correct I don't need to recompile
the kernel.
>
> I've also untared and installed the speedtoch drivers.
>
> I've entered the 4 configuration files.
>
> If I try to veriy as suggested
>
> modprobe ppp_generic, ppp_synctty and n_hdlc I get no output suggesting
these are installed
THAT SHOULD SAY NOT INSTALLED?
>
> The usbcore modprobe reveals nothing but modprobe usb-uhci returns a
lengthy output (which I haven't recorded)
>
> modem_run etc initialises my speedtouch usb and blinks correctly in
sequence and /var/log/messages returns that it is online and rx and tx
>
> if I try pppd call adsl and wait t type ifconfig ppp0 then 0 zero
bit/bytes have been sent or recieved.
>
> If I try to surf with mozilla then www.redhat.com is a host not found
error!
>
> Any suggestions how I can access the net? Am I on line at all- the log
suggest I am?
>
> Your help would be appreciated :-)
>
> Pete
>
> Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
> Pour se d�sinscrire :
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe
>
>
Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe