Hi,

I'm running Mandrake 8.2 with the RC1 modem_run. Everything works fine
untill I get a dropped connection (first one was after 7 days straight
connected). When I then try to re-connect it fails to connect. Most recently
this was due to a chap authentication failure. Having not changed any
settings or files I know this wasn't anything wrong with the Linux setup.

After trying for about an hour (having disconnected everything and left it
powered down for 20 mins) without success I briefly connected via my windows
setup which it connected first time without question. On disconnecting and
trying Linux again it connected first time. I have no ideas where the
problem may lie but I was wondering if anyone here had come accross the same
problem?

For the record, I have a small script which kills pppd/modem_run, deletes
ppp* from /var/run, reloads modem_run and then run pppd call adsl to
re-connect me.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

GBH




Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe

        

Reply via email to