> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
> Behalf Of GBH
> Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 10:45 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [speedtouch] Reconnection problems
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Mandrake 8.2 with the RC1 modem_run. Everything works fine
> untill I get a dropped connection (first one was after 7 days straight
> connected). When I then try to re-connect it fails to connect.
> Most recently
> this was due to a chap authentication failure. Having not changed any
> settings or files I know this wasn't anything wrong with the Linux setup.
Do you have any kind of firewall runing? When I tried to reconnect my Speed-
touch modem for the first time I noticed that it was only possible after
reseting my IP-Tables configuration.
For killing the connection a simple killall pppd should be enough.
Regards
Florian Schmidt
Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe