On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 12:44:59PM +0100, John Cordner wrote:
> If I do
> 
>       killall modem_run
>       killall ppp
> 
> followed by
> 
>       usr/local/sbin/modem_run -v 2 -f /usr/local/libdata/mgmt.o
> 
> reconnection fails. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I repeat the
> above command (with and without a -m option) or how long I leave it; I issue
> the command and it just seems to hang.

you need to launch modem_run only to init the modem. And you need to
init it only after plugging it or booting your OS. I don't have any
solution to reboot manually the modem or to see if microcode is already
uploaded. So just don't upload it again.
You can disconnect and reconnect as much as you want when the modem is
initialized.
Most people use the connection script in rc.d which launch modem_run and
ppp. Then to handle disconnection, you can use ppp in ddial mode and it
works fine.


-- 
Francois Rogler


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe

        

Reply via email to