Thanks for all the replies (and so prompt too - very impressive).

All things considered maybe it is my chipset that's to blame - although I've
used different machines it's always been a BX440 chipset, so maybe I'll see
what happens with a different motherboard.

I'll look into taking down then bringing up the USB sub system, I used to do
that with Linux, but as yet I don't know how to do that with FreeBSD (I'll
ask in one of their newsgroups) - Francois' suggestion is interesting
though. I hadn't simply tried issuing the ppp command again without the
modem_run; I'll try that first before looking at the USB sub system.

Thanks again

John

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of John Cordner
Sent: 31 May 2002 12:45
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [speedtouch] Odd modem_run behaviour with FreeBSD 4.5


<snip>

If I do

        killall modem_run
        killall ppp

followed by

        usr/local/sbin/modem_run -v 2 -f /usr/local/libdata/mgmt.o

reconnection fails. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I repeat the
above command (with and without a -m option) or how long I leave it; I issue
the command and it just seems to hang.

<snip>





Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe

        

Reply via email to