## 1 ##

Dnia pon 10. listopada 2003 20:22, Duncan Sands napisał:
> This may come from modem_run monitoring the line.
> Try applying the following patch:
>
> --- modem_run.c.orig  2003-11-10 20:12:11.000000000 +0100
> +++ modem_run.c       2003-11-10 20:22:07.000000000 +0100
> @@ -1103,6 +1103,7 @@
>                                               sleep(1);
>                                               pusb_ioctl(fdusb, 1, 1, NULL);
>                                       }
> +                                     return;
>                               }
>
>                               if(!memcmp(down_int, lbuf, 6)) {

There's somthing wrong with this patch. I applied it and the only result is 
that in my syslog I get:
        modem_run[4370]: ADSL line is down
and ADSL diode is blinking on my modem.
But everything works fine (ping, telnet, www ) until:
        usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
        usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 2 ep 0x85 len 512 ret -110

I hpe that info will help.

## 2 ##
I filnally am able to reset my modem using:
$ killall pppd
$ killall modem_run
$ rmmod usb-uhci
$ insmod usb-uhci
$ modem_run -v 1 -m -f /usr/src/firmware/mgmt.o
$ pppd call neostrada

## 3 ##
Is there any chance that using a pci card that provides USB ports will help?

Thanks for any help.

Konrad
-- 
Konrad Klimaszewski    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    www.if.pw.edu.pl/~klimasz
         Registered Linux User #300246 : http://counter.li.org
========================================================================
Eggheads unite!  You have nothing to lose but your yolks.
                -- Adlai Stevenson


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to