Hello Edouard,

 Just a quick reply, more tomorrow.

> I just dropped the test. See if it makes CRC problems appear again.

 Just dropping the test for pos > 1536 shouldn't change anything afaict. 
Remember I inserted the else after that check. Also I always saw both 
"Idiotic frame length"s and CRC errors at the same time (before I inserted 
the else). That would suggest that dropping the first test shouldn't make a 
difference.

> The lbuf usage is still  needed, it's the reading buffer. unused_cell is
> just a pointer that keeps tracks of pppoa3 progress into the read buffer if
> there are still ATM cells left in.

 Then that should be changed back. The current patch doesn't seem to use 
lbuf at all.

> I have just a doubt about the case where:
>  - num_bytes_read < 0
> 
> It seems  to me,  that this  case should be  checked and  invalidate the
> unused_cell data.

 Isn't unused_cells set to NULL by aal5_frame_from_atm_cell() after the 
whole frame has been processed? I did not check that. Again, I only 
submitted this patch because it addresses the CRC issue, I am not stating 
that it is entirely correct yet. This probably needs a little discussion 
(please refer to Ok Overbeek as well) and shouldn't be pushed to beta3 in 
24 hours.

> Can you check if a test like this one hurst the CRC solving:
> if (num_bytes_read<0) unused_cells = NULL;
> after the pos = 0; statement.

 I'll look at this tomorrow. Plus see above. By the way, num_bytes_read is 
the absolute number of bytes read so it will never be less than 0. And 
again, I assume unused_cells is set to NULL by aal5_frame_from_atm_cell().

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!
End all weapons of mass destruction.


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to