Hi Folks,

> I've got exactly the same problems as you, on FreeBSD 4.x (4.8 right now). I
> still use v1.1 (I tried v1.0 before, and more recently v1.2beta1)

 Have you tried using pppoa3? Not sure about the development on pppoa2, but
even that is already in 1.2beta3. It could quite well be your problems have
already been solved in the newer releases.

> The last thing is this f***king VIA chipset on my mother board (or the
> motherboard itself: K7T266A), and I've heard that not enough power was
> given to the modem when it needs it (and that's why it switchs off
> sometimes).

 I have heard about VIA chipset problems as well, but that was on a
*Pentium* motherboard, not an Athlon motherboard.

> Anyway, I'm quite fed up with all this, and I'm going to change to
> motherboard+nForce2 chipset, or a better Ethernet modem/router.

 Again, you might want to upgrade your software before you upgrade your
modem. There is definitely no need to upgrade your motherboard, since the
power problem you mention does not apply to it.

Bye,
Leonard.