Dear Friends

Can anyone start pointing me in the right direction?

I installed FreeBSD-5.1 a few weeks ago and I'm a total newbe to UNIX &
Linux type operating systems. However I'm learning fast and have slowly
enabled the stuff I need to operated and learn more; like sound,
printing, OpenGL etc.

The next major challenge is trying to enable Internet connection with
Thompson/Alcatel SpeedTouch 530.

I downloaded speedtouch-1.2.tar.gz and the documentation to FreeBSD
installation. I configured and installed everything and made rebuilt the
kernel with all the options I need.

Installation went very well and I had no problems configuring ppp file.
Dmesg shows: ugen0: ALCATEL Speed Touch USB , rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2 and
/dev directory has devices ugen0, ugen0.4, ugen0.5. In the
/usr/local/libdata I installed alcaudsl.sys from my Win2000 installation
and I also place mgmt.o for experimental purposes

Problem:

The problem is Initialisation. After booting OR when I type: modem_run
-f /usr/local/libdata/mgmt.o -m , I get the same consistant error
message:

pusb_endpoint_open: couldn't open end point /dev/ugen0.5: Device not
configured.

Can anyone help?

All the best,