I managed to fix it with a little coding, it seems to have fixed the syslogd errors as well, should I post a patch?
What I did was in the while (1) loop I made an int called checkstate, what this does is when the modem gets a ret with >0 i.e. 'error reading interupt' it sets checkstate to 1, and this then is used later to skip the 'line checking' if block, ontop of that I added usleep(1) to where the interupt error report line was and removed the error report completly. seems to have fixed it totally, no syslogd problems, speed is back normal On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 10:10 +0200, Duncan Sands wrote: > Hi, > > > modem_run.c:475:3: error: invalid preprocessing directive > > #fork_interrupt_daemon > > you commented it out wrong. Try turning it into this: > > /* fork_interrupt_daemon(fdusb); */ > > Best wishes, > > Duncan. > > Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB > Pour se dsinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > > !DSPAM:1,48ae75329311193118524! > > Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]