I've been acting as something of a Sphinx advocate for a project looking
to convert documentation to reStructuredText.  A few issues have come up
from someone that supports just using one giant reST document (split
into separate source files with the include directive).  I'm curious if
anyone else has spent time on these issues and has suggestions or solutions.

1) I think a split-HTML approach is better, but the person I'm debating
with has a preference for a giant single-file HTML build.  Does anyone
have a working single-file HTML builder or interest in writing one?

2) The person I'm debating with has said that on dumb terminals
sphinx-build outputs ANSI where it is not appropriate and thus produces
unreadable output.  Should I ask him to clarify how he tested this or
should I make the suggestion that sphinx-build test its environment
before outputting color sequences?  (Personally, I like the colors, but
this person says that dumb terminals and colorless-ttys are common in
his build environment.)

3) What is the status on integrating rst2pdf with Sphinx?  Does anyone
have any quick instructions or work in progress code for doing rst2pdf
builds that I can look at?

Thanks,

--
--Max Battcher--