At 04:03 PM 12/20/2005 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>As for general bolts and such all around the car, I find they are all fine 
>thread, wher everything in hardware stores, moreso for house projects are 
>coarse threaded. Was hoping I could stock up, replacing rusted-out bolts for 
>nice shiny new ones. Oh well. 

Find a better hardware store.  It should be at all hard to find fine-threaded 
bolts.

You should be able to clean up and re-use the special nuts and bolts from the 
soft top frame, I think.

I have found that hardware-store bolts, even the correct ones, are okay for 
simple, low-stress things
like the muffler and radiator brackets.  But be sure to use  the correct 
hardware for the suspension, drivetrain, etc.!!!

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to