[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The ragtop hardware restoration project continues as forward. A little bit of 
> hand-painting on the scratches of the rails, and it looks brand new...from a 
> distance. One must remember that if you dare sand any part of the 
> rails(preferrably around scratched-to-the-bare-metal areas) you have to paint 
> over it since the paint looks super-dull.
> 
> But what I am asking the forum is how many parts could one theoretically buy 
> at the hardware store to save money? I noticed the nylon/plastic washers that 
> go under the mounting bolt heads are a whopping .95 cents a piece at Vicky 
> Brit. You need 20 of them. I found equivical ones(pretty much a perfect size 
> match) at Hardware Hank's for 25 cents a piece. That's a good deal of $ 
> saved. I just wish I could have found the bolts & shouldered bushings there, 
> saving me even more money. 
> 
> As for general bolts and such all around the car, I find they are all fine 
> thread, wher everything in hardware stores, moreso for house projects are 
> coarse threaded. Was hoping I could stock up, replacing rusted-out bolts for 
> nice shiny new ones. Oh well. 

Look in your local yellow pages and find someone who specializes in
fasteners.  Barring that, there are a lot of companies on the internet
who specialize in fasteners.  They are usually a lot cheaper than buying
fasteners from people who don't specialize in them.  Some of them make
you buy in bulk though.

Andy L.

-- 
If a man be drunk overnight, the devil cannot hurt him in the morning.

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to