Hi, I'm brand new to this list. In fact, I don't know if it's the right list? If not, please point me in the right direction.
I'm about to pick up a '67 GT6 MKI. It's been set up for speed or track days. The doors have been completely gutted. No windows/regulators or inner sheet metal. The wife is gonna be the main driver. That means we have to put some things back to original like the doors. I understand that the Spitfire doors are the same except for the little side vent windows. Correct? On my test drive I noticed that you had to be careful shifting into 2nd. Grinding. I've read that the GT6 gearbox is a major weak link of the car. This one happens to have overdrive and it works. How hard is it to rebuild the gearbox? Are there any sites out there that describe the rebuild? Is it mostly synchros that go bad? Will the TR6 gearbox fit? So many questions at once. I'm just getting started though. There are many missing bits, but this baby really flies & sticks to the road so It was a no brainer decision to buy. TIA, Todd Bermudez Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around Your messages not reaching the list? Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html === This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register === http://www.vtr.org === Help keep Team.Net on the air === http://www.team.net/donate.html === unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or try === http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool === Other lists available at === http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo === Archives at http://www.team.net/archive === http://www.team.net/the-local === Edit your replies!
