On 21 Nov 2006 at 18:17, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > What do you think, Frame Change on a Spitfire 1500?
Tough call. Others here have warned of the danger if Shipwright's Disease. You have to know when to stop, but also how to be happy with the knowledge that you did. My Spitfire was off the road for about a year. I did some rust scraping and painting on the panels and frame, replaced all the brake lines, did some diff work, swapped OD unit, replaced a ujoint, cleaned up the handbrake cable and mechanism. None of it was overwhelming but I have limited time (and space). I wanted to be done sooner. More to the point, I know what I left undone, what I will have to re-visit someday. On the other hand, I know the car now has at least 5, maybe even 10 more years in it, and is much safer. So I can live with the knowledge that it is flawed. (That car could never be a showcar anyway.) Some people can't live with it. Which sort of person are you? -- Jim Muller [EMAIL PROTECTED] '80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+ Your messages not reaching the list? Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html === This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register === http://www.vtr.org === Help keep Team.Net on the air === http://www.team.net/donate.html === unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or try === http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool === Other lists available at === http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo === Archives at http://www.team.net/archive === http://www.team.net/the-local === Edit your replies!
