: 2800 was also used during other testing, outside the Luxembourg
experiment.
: And then they did do some different things with the carrier, but other
than
: some 120 Hz hum (probably actually 60 Hz), I never really saw the carrier
: widen out.

Odd.  I tuned to them shortly after getting the message they were on, loud
and clear on 2800, weak on 3300.  I only monitored for about ten minutes
total between both frequencies, oddities on the signal lasted two to three
minutes on 2800.

I didn't know the tests would be limited or I would have captured
everything.  Will try to do better next time.

In thinking more carefully, it was not the carrier itself, which was a solid
steady line that widened, but during this hissing/popping/crackling, there
was a wideband burst of white noise centered on the carrier that filled the
entire bandwidth of my receiver and about 3500 KHz on Argo and obscured the
carrier itself, when this burst was present, the solid line of the carrier
in Argo was not, it appeared to be completely interrupted and each burst,
although random was just a fraction of a second, perhaps a quarter second at
most.  It was very odd, I'm thinking arcing somewhere in their system.

Kurt