Hi John,
if network doesn't use payload information to handle ECMP then performance
measurement using RFC 8169-style or pure active OAM based on RFC 6374 will
certainly work. But if it is DPI-based hashing for ECMP, then there cannot
be guarantee that packets with GAL/G-ACh follow the same path as regular
packets. Of course, one can use GAL/G-ACh encapsulation as a tunnel, as
normal case and then do any sort of measurements.

Regards,
Greg