Ed,

No horror stories from me.  But to answer your question, I normally put them
at 7' AFF in office buildings and 8' AFF in dorms or hotels as long as the
ceiling height in the stair allows it.  Also have to consider the door
opening in the stairwell so you don't have pipe below the opening.  I've
seen some fancy buildings with 8' tall doors.

I'm sure there are others with differing opinions since this is more of a
preference issue.

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed Kramer
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 4:39 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Floor control valves

I'd asked this previously, but got zero responses.  

What's the ideal height within a stairway to install the floor control
valve assembly?  The lower they're installed, the odds of them being
tampered with increases.  The higher they're installed, the more it could
delay shutting down the sprinkler system following a fire or accidental
discharge.  Any horror stories one way or the other?

Ed Kramer
Littleton, CO



_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to