From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Karen
Purvis
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 9:07 AM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: Possible IBC question

I am looking for some code help. According to NFPA 13 8.2.4 you can have
separate buildings that share a common roof, walls or passageway be
protected by one riser. Does anyone know if the IBC contradicts this? I
have
an architect telling me I have to have a separate riser for each section
of
building. They claim that I can have the risers in the same room but
that
each building section must have a separate riser.

Karen Purvis
Senior Designer
Facility Systems Consultants
713 South Central Street,