From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Leyton
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 12:04 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Possible IBC question

I would add to everyone else's replies that it is NOT the intent of NFPA
13 to require separate systems in this situation, whether or not the
structure is considered to be divided into separate buildings, or just
separate fire areas or occupancies - see 8.2.4, 2007 ed.

And thanks again to whoever turned me onto that - saved us a lot of
bitchin' and pissin' with the AHJ on that particular project.

Steve Leyton
Protection Design & Consulting
San Diego, CA