The only hole in the thinking of the "experts" is their opinions are based
on WAG not SWAG to my knowledge.  I'm not suggesting they are wrong. I'd
trust their knowledge a bit more if they had some test data (which doesn't
exist) or at least some examples of fires and the outcome.  Sure would be
nice if they point to a fire with ESFR that was successfully contained.  Has
that happened and I'm not aware definitely probable.

Think of it like this you see a problem with system and the contractor says
well I've always done it like that.  Doesn't make it right does it?

And ESFR scares me a bit with its tendency to either work fully or burn the
place down.  At least with density systems there is a little reserve in my
experience.

And I'm totally comfortable if Elley or Rolf sign the design as EOR.  Make
it LH and I'm cool with their design.

Chris Cahill, P.E.
Fire Protection Engineer
Sentry Fire Protection, Inc.