Our local school auditorium has 3x8 ft acoustic panels suspended above the
stage with 135'F links and 200'F sprinklers. The panels release on one side
to hang perpendicular between the overhead sprinklers. I believe the links
used were the same ones used on automatic roof vents.

Yes Lycra will burn, but at over 400'F so if the links drop it to the floor
at 135'F it should be no bigger problem than carpet, except for the fact
that it's possible to cause a tripping hazard.

Thom McMahon, SET
Firetech, Inc.
2560 Copper Ridge Dr
P.O. Box 882136