From: Bob Knight <b...@firebyknight.com>
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Sent: Tue, Apr 20, 2010 11:29 am
Subject: RE: Calc Area

George,
he way I do this is to average the lengths between heads.  For example, you
ave a branch line with 6 heads.  They are spaced 8', 12', 9', 11', 7', &
0' apart.  The average will be 9.5' applying the 1.2 rule (assuming 1500
f) you will have 4.89 (round up to 5) heads per line. If you use the
reatest distance of 12' you end up with only 3.87 (round up to 4) heads per
ine.  If you chose to use the least dimension of 7' you will end up with
.63 (round up to 7) heads per line.  7 seems like to many and 4 looks like
ot enough.  This is why I average the distance between heads in a case such
s yours.
Bob Knight, CET
660 Hill Rd
elba, Idaho 83641