How do you know that we didn't harden ANY buildings after 9/11? Data on all
buildings in the world? You jump your mentor over no data, then make a claim as
all-encompassing as that? I'd be surprised if SOMEONE didn't do SOMETHING to
harden their building after that terrible catastrophe. It's a really big world
to make NO, ALL, NEVER and ALWAYS work correctly in a sentence. I'll always bet
there's ONE exception to a general statement like that. I don't believe
"harden" is defined as making a building able to survive a 747 hit, so wouldn't
a couple concrete barriers at the entry "harden" them?

We protected the Army Heritage and Education Center (AHEC) at the War College
in Carlisle, PA. Art and Tommy D are grinning, they've been to Carlisle.
Anyway, there was a rep from the anti-terrorist task group in attendance at
every meeting. There's not a swale that can hide a terrorist and the building
was secure and protected far beyond what would have been before 9/11. That's
one.

I've often installed valves at service entrances out of my pocket since it's
the right thing to do. IF you need it, it's there. Fully get it doesn't have to
be there, agree a WFS doesn't have to be. But I don't want an open 2.5" FHV on
an unsupervised standpipe filling th4e stair tower so we have WFS at the
entrance. So I've wasted $500 of my money numerous times in the past. I sleep
well at night-priceless.

I am glad my daughter's no longer working at the Empire State Building, tho her
living in NYC, routinely riding the subway at night, doesn't bother me a bit.

George L.  Church, Jr., CET
Rowe Sprinkler Systems, Inc.
PO Box 407, Middleburg, PA 17842
877-324-ROWE       570-837-6335 fax